The Charlotte Fence Company
We have been servicing properties for 23 years now.
“Transaction with their staff was very fast and easy.”
“Since I had my fence installed by their team, I always call them for all my fence-related needs and concerns.”
“This is the best fence company in the area, they did an amazing job on our fence…”
The Charlotte Fence Company’s humble beginnings trace way back to the year 1997. Then, this small business catered to families in a small residential area in Charlotte alone.
With Charlotte’s growing population, our CEO anticipated a great need for improved security in residential and commercial areas alike. True enough, as the property-related crime increased, the community was on the search for a trusted fence company for their respective properties.
SHOULD MY PROPERTY GET FENCED?
Following the logic that a city’s population is directly proportionate with its crime rate, especially in the case of Charlotte, fencing your property might be the best decision you could make. As mentioned, Charlotte is populous and neighborhoods might not be as safe as its homeowners think.
Putting this is mind, one shouldn’t really wait until the danger happens before action is made. Besides, fences offer more than just security features including:
- Establishing property lines
- Noise Control
- Temperature Control
- Increased property value
If you value these benefits on top of security, then for sure, you should fence your property. Now to the more critical part, which fence builders in Charlotte should you partner with for your installation?
Why we are the best fence contractor in Charlotte
- 23 years of excellent fence installation services
- A reputation of trust in the City of Charlotte
- A team of in-house experts that ensure consistent service quality
- A service and materials provider in one place
- Customer-centric services
- Timely project delivery
- A promise of a satisfaction guarantee (project is not declared complete unless client is satisfied)
STEP 1: Know what you want and need.
- Know the Zoning Regulations in the City of Charlotte:
Fences DO NOT require permits. This follows that the property owner follows the fence height restrictions established by the Zoning Administration. Fence height restrictions are as follows: maximum of 5 feet on the front yard, 6 feet on the sides and 8 feet on the rear. If the fence is to be installed on the front yard, near a street, the Department of Transportation must be called in to review the plan. The Department of Transportation can be contacted at 704-336-2261. Other zoning inquiries will be entertained by the Zoning counter (704-336-3569).
- Define if your fence/structure is a temporary or permanent construction:
Temporary structures measuring over 12 feet in any dimension will require you to secure a Zoning Permit from the Zoning Administration
- Consider your area’s climate:
Charlotte has a humid subtropical climate which is characterized by extreme weather conditions. It experiences hot to humid summers and cold to mild winters. This information is important to keep in mind especially when choosing fencing material for your property.
STEP 2: Talk to the leading fence company in Charlotte!
- Reach us at 980-291-4187 to book a consultation slot with our team of experts. Once your consultation slot is confirmed, all you have to do is wait for your schedule
- During the initial consultation, you will have to explain to us your planning (or whatever you came up with in STEP 1). Here, our team will make sure you are provided with expert advice without moving away from your vision.
- You will be given a defined fence plan that includes proposed design, material, build, and estimated project completion date. You will also be given a costing estimate as well as a tentative schedule (for the actual installation).
STEP 3: Confirmation
- Upon confirmation, your tentative schedule (in STEP 2) will be blocked to make sure our team is deployed to your area on those dates.
- Down payment will be settled upon confirmation, while the other half of the payment will be settled upon project completion (our team is flexible in offering payment plans to budget conscious clients).
- Our team will be in constant communication with you especially for matters relating to materials acquisition and the like.
STEP 4: Installation
- On the previously agreed schedule, our team will be deployed to your area to perform the installation
- Project will not be declared complete until the client is fully satisfied.
Leading the industry of fencing in Charlotte, here are some of our offerings:
- Guard Rails Installation Charlotte
- Installed for protection
- Material options: wood posts, steel posts, or three-strand cable
- Different protection level according to material used
- Tennis Court Fence Installation Charlotte
- Specific Function: Sports
- Back Stops Installation Charlotte
- Specific Function: Sports
- Protective fencing
- Steel and Aluminum Fence Installation Charlotte
- Very strong material
- Different advantages of steel and aluminum options
- Aluminum Porch Hand Railing Installation Charlotte
- Chain Link Installation Charlotte
- Can be reinforced to the ground for added protection
- Provides open sight line
- Vinyl Fence Installation Charlotte
- Durable and requires minimal maintenance
- Comes with a variety of color options
- SimTek Fence Installation Charlotte
- Comes with a variety of color options
- Ornamental Aluminum and Steel Fence Installation Charlotte
- For added curb appeal to property
- Designed according to client’s request
- Decorative but still secure
- Cedar Wood Fence Installation Charlotte
- Best for privacy concerns
- Has two types: Standard and Shadowbox
- Dog Kennels Installation Charlotte
- Can either be permanent or temporary
- Gate Operators Installation Charlotte
- Uses advanced mechanism
- Added layer of protection
- Dock Parts Installation Charlotte
- Dock floats and dock ladders
- Boat docks
- Dock hardware
- Dock bumpers and fenders
- Multinautic floating dock kit
- Boat hardware
- Dumpster Enclosures Installation Charlotte
- Functional while being aesthetically pleasing
- Material options: vinyl, wood, metal, concrete, chain link
- Cages and Enclosures Installation Charlotte
- Built according to purpose (client’s request)
- Temporary Fence Installation Charlotte
- For security purposes
- Installation Options: panels, anti-scale fences, pedestrian barricades
Can’t find what you need? Call us at 980-291-4187 to discuss our made-to-order offerings.
Fence installation in Charlotte has never been this great! We only provide the best, because our mission is to keep you safe.
*Servicing Charlotte and its surrounding areas.
Yes, we do offer free estimates. In fact, we offer a whole free initial consultation with our team. This is our effort in making sure you are provided with the most accurate free estimate. During this initial consultation, your fencing plan will be discussed in detail which will include materials, dimensions, layout and more. Surely, the costing estimate that you will receive is a realistic estimate of your project. Yes, this is all free. All you have to do is call in advance to book a slot. These slots are easily filled, so make sure you call as soon as possible. Reach our team at 980-291-4187.
We schedule our installations on a first come first served basis. During the initial consultation, you will be given a pencil booking of your possible schedule. Once you decide to work with our team, the pencil booking will be your final schedule. Our team will work on your project on your agreed schedule. As to how soon you may be catered, that will depend on the number of booked clients and other factors that may delay schedules. We would like to emphasize that we do not hire a third-party team to expedite our work, as consistent work quality is our utmost priority.
The duration of your fence construction will depend greatly on the specifics of your project. Upon initial consultation, you will be given an estimated time of completion. This is the rough estimate of how soon your fence will be delivered. We have easy to complicated fence installations, so time of delivery will vary greatly according to project. Other unprecedented events that may delay the project may also affect time of delivery. We uphold our promise of satisfaction guarantee. Again, we do not declare a project complete once our client has made their satisfaction known to our team. Additional client requests may extend the work period.
Charlotte City does not require you to secure a permit for the installation of a fence. The city’s zoning administration however, regulates your project’s fence height. Fence height restrictions are as follows: maximum of 5 feet on the front yard, 6 feet on the sides and 8 feet on the rear. If the fence is to be installed on the front yard, near a street, the Department of Transportation must be called in to review the plan. The Department of Transportation can be contacted at 704-336-2261. Other zoning inquiries will be entertained by the Zoning counter (704-336-3569). We will be in full assistance to you regarding matters of the like, shall the need arise
This depends, because we offer a variety of fencing materials. Our clients decide the material for their project, however we do provide advice and input regarding what our experts consider the most appropriate and ideal material for your project, your location, and of course, your budget. Our material offerings include wood (red cedar wood), PVC (SimTek walls or Vinyl fence pickets), steel, aluminum, concrete and many more. It is important to discuss these details during the initial consultation with our team, in order to receive an accurate cost estimate. The Charlotte Fence Company only offers high-quality materials from partner providers and suppliers.
This differs from area to area. The Charlotte City only regulates fence heights as well as location. Fence height restrictions are as follows: maximum of 5 feet on the front yard, 6 feet on the sides and 8 feet on the rear. If the fence is to be installed on the front yard, near a street, the Department of Transportation (704-336-2261) must be called in to review the plan. For inquiries and clarifications related to this concern, it would be best to get in touch with the City’s Zoning Administration. The Zoning counter entertains these types of inquiries. They can be reached at (704-336-3569).
Yes, we strongly recommend you to at least inform your neighbors of the schedule and duration of the fence construction. Although this is not required by the regulations, we consider it common decency to your neighbors. The construction may involve added noise, and disturbance to the neighborhood. The presence of our equipment may pose disturbance as well as an added element of danger to families with pets and young children. Especially when the fence project is large in scale and more complicated, the construction may be prolonged as it involves a more intricate building process. Informing your neighbors will allow them to anticipate these things ahead of time.
This depth measure depends on the following factors: soil quality, post weight and the area’s climate. The generally acknowledged depth measure defines that post holes should have a depth of a third to a half of the actual above ground height of the post. This is independent of the previously mentioned factors. Areas with loose soil or those where rainfall is plenty, will require a deeper post hole, to reinforce the weight of the post including the fence wall material. To get a specific answer to your inquiry, it would be best to discuss with our team of experts. Contact us at 980-291-4187 for a detailed consultation session.
This depends on your request. Clients who decide on whether or not their fence would touch the ground, consider some factors. The first factor would be the purpose of the fence. Privacy fencing will most likely have the fence wall touching the ground to limit sightlines. Semi-privacy fencing will do the opposite. The second factor would be the fence material. Fence material like wood tend to have a shorter lifespan and underwhelming fence performance when they touch the ground. Because the ground is damp, it can weather the wood in a faster rate. The last factor would be for aesthetic purposes. This depends on the decorative vision of the client.
Yes, the weather does affect the installation. This is due to a number of reasons. Firstly, extreme weather conditions derail the project timeline. We do not deploy our team to the site if weather conditions are unfavorable and may risk their safety. For cases like these, we will be in full communication with you, and we will uphold, to the best of our efforts, our promise of delivery in the earliest possible time. Secondly, unprecedented weather changes may affect the quality and speed of some of our processes like the curing process, for example. Digging the post holes during difficult weather conditions may also prove pointless. We assure you that The Charlotte Fence Company is continuous in its efforts of improving a more resilient service to its clients.
This depends on what material you want for your project. We offer a variety of materials such as wood (red cedar wood), PVC (SimTek walls or Vinyl fence pickets), steel, aluminum, concrete and many more. All of our materials have passed a specific evaluation, and we consider them of the highest quality. If you are unsure about choosing what material best suits your project, location and budget, it would be best to discuss with our team first. You can book an initial consultation with our team who will make sure to provide expert input into your plans. Contact us at 980-291-4187.
The height of your fence depends greatly on your purpose for said fence. If you are building a privacy fence, most likely the slats will be tall and installed side by side to get rid of sightlines. Semi-private fences are shorter than privacy fences. Fence height is however regulated by the Zoning Administration, and these must be complied. Fence height restrictions are as follows: maximum of 5 feet on the front yard, 6 feet on the sides and 8 feet on the rear. Other fence projects like tennis court fences and back stops, have their own standard or generally accepted heights. Personalized projects like cages and enclosures will have heights following the client’s request.
This will depend on the fence material, your area’s climate, and your maintenance efforts. Some fence materials are known to last longer than others. Cedar wood fences are claimed to last as long as a decade when properly maintained. SimTek walls also promise durability claiming that it is capable of maintaining its structural integrity regardless of extreme temperature or weight applied. Some areas have very extreme climate that age materials faster than in other areas, so this is an important factor to recognize as well. Lastly, maintenance is also a key to improving your fence’s wear and tear. For clients who do not have enough time to perform regular fence maintenance, we recommend PVC-made fence materials or aluminum material, both of which are considered virtually maintenance free.